Manchester Derby | Why Man United fans must pray for a win ahead of Man City game
Today is the Manchester derby, the biggest match in the Premier League this season, a title decider, number one and number two face each other. Manchester United are eight-point behind their rivals, they must win today to close the gap as it will be an uphill task to chase City if they go 11 points clear today.
It's Jose Mourinho facing Pep Guardiola, one of the greatest rivalry in football, two managers that love winning but have different ideas and approach to football, win at all cost vs win playing beautiful football. Who will come out victorious?
For the good of the Premier League, Manchester United must win to keep the competition alive, but Pep Guardiola's team are on a winning streak in the league. It is going to be a battle.
United fans all over the world are not sure of the outcome, Pogba is missing, Matic will play despite a knock, who is going to stop City's creative midfield, we know Young and Valencia can do their job on Sterling and Sane, Oh! they have Walker bombing forward at right back. But Jose Mourinho knows how to put a leash on attacking wing backs, I am guessing Martial will do that job with Lingard pressing all over the Man city's back line, Lingard's pressing against Arsenal was relentless and brilliant, Martial's skills and presence may keep Walker from going forward at will.
The match is set up for a great contest, Manchester United need prayers, Lukaku is important, he must take his chances. Today is Sunday, if you are a Christian, pray for Manchester United today in church, no matter your religion, say a prayer, they need all the prayers. Lol. Oh, prayers don't work in football... Well, you never can tell, sportsmen believe in luck though? so, pray for luck? Because Pep Guardiola's team are arguably the best team in Europe at the moment, they look unstoppable, We have compiled 6 major reasons United fans should pray for their beloved team today;
1. If they win today, they will break the longest successive victories in the Premier League. Pep loves to set records in every league so they will be firing on all cylinders.
2. Pogba is not playing, Manchester United will miss his drive and athleticism.
3. Manchester City lost 2-1 at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday, after the match Pep Guardiola said he felt they needed to lose, he wants to see how his players will react against Manchester United. Meanwhile, Antonio Conte also said Man City losing means they will do their best not to lose back to back games as big teams don't lose a lot of back to back games.
4. Mourinho likes man marking opponent's creative player in games like this but that might not work as Kevin de Bruyne and David Silva has the highest assists in the Premier League, with eight each. And to keep both quiet would be a miracle.
5. Sergio Aguero has scored in each of his last nine Premier League away starts. If United manage to keep him quiet they have Gabriel Jesus who is in fine form to call on.
6. Manchester City were the last team to beat Jose Mourinho's Manchester United at Old Trafford, their only home defeat in 42 matches in all competitions. And United have lost seven of the last twelve Manchester derbies.